Hi, you all!!
This is a long overdue post, I really took my time with my project and now I am so proud of how it turned out.
It was not easy, though, it took a lof of changing my mind, experimenting, trying to find the time to do it, as with two young daughters that don't stay put for a second, it is preety difficult. I've started this project I think three weeks ago or so, normally I'd finish it sooner, but my skedule didn't allow me to speed up the process.
Don't scroll down!!:)
I have a handful of blogs I read with pleasure. Home decor blogs. Kelly from Jax does design is really a source of inspiration for me. I found her a while ago and she is one of the reasons I got the courage to go into DIY. So, thank you, Kelly!!
This post is going to be a very long and detailed one so you'd better prepare :))
It all started with Ikea. I had never been there until I had to go to spy the bedroom for the girls' room. I was satisfied with the quality so after a week I went there to buy the bedroom... I bought something else too... I bought this:
It's made of untreated wood, which allowed me to paint!! Yeeey, I love painting!! It relaxes me a lot!! Already having exercised my assembly skills with the girls' bedroom, I took a shot at assembling it, and succeeded! They say two people should assemble it, but I managed to do it alone and quietly while the girls were napping! I wanted to color him a bit and chose a red wine color from Kober. I wanted to be a bit more colorful, and I wasn't really excited with the color, but hey, you work with what you've got! After the first coat I let it dry and then sanded; it looked like this (and sorry for the quality of the pictures, I painted it during the night after the girls went to sleep)
I had plans to style it up a bit, as it was way too plain, and I ordered over the internet some of these:
These strips of decorated wood are sooo nice. I oredered them from this place: Naturtrend. They were a bit pricey but they definitely served their purpose of styling up my Rast! It went from looking like this:
I had to cut those strips of wood, and it was not an easy job, as it required both strenght and skills, so I kissed my hubby again, marvelled at his muscles this thime :)) and he helped me. He made some metal thingy which helped him cut the wood at a 45 degree angle, it took a while but the result was great! Yeeey, hubby!
This is his metal tool for cutting at a 45 degree angle ( and a piece of my old pyjamas..)
We glued the strips to the drawers, and it started to look great! It really started to come together! I was suuuper excited!!